I think this relates a little to what I’ve been trying to say before. Cas gets thrown into this strange new environment, which he has no memory of (thanks to Naomi) and lacks the experience to navigate properly. Of course, he has powers that help him get around and keep himself and others safe, but it is still emotionally overwhelming for him because powers do not help you handle situations which are new, threatening or confusing to you. None of it has to do with Cas lacking or not understanding emotions. Cas has emotions like a mortal (thanks, Bob), and he understands them perfectly fine. However, he does not always understand the emotions of others, or fails to interpret them correctly. In my opinion, none of this has to do with him being an alien, or suffering from some sort of personality disorder.
He just comes from a different culture and has made experiences very different from those of the humans he interacts with on Earth. An emotional response is often triggered by social/interactional context, which, in turn, links back to cultural notions of politeness and social/antisocial behaviour. While in one culture it may be a compliment to call someone “fat”, it is considered wildly offensive in another. Without that background knowledge, you fail to understand the context in which someone calls you “fat”, and your emotional/social response will wholly depend on your own cultural expectations. It’s the same with Castiel.
Now if you navigate a foreign culture, you will probably try to look for role models and study/copy the behaviour of people you like or consider good examples for appropriate behaviour and communication. Which, evidently, is the case with Dean and Castiel. Cas looks at Dean as the epitome of humanity and hence tries to copy his mannerisms the best he can.
Another source he starts using in season 8 is television - which leads to comic relief, but is a quite relatable course of action.
Reblog if you would continue watching Supernatural if Dean and Castiel became a canon couple
If you would stop watching, reblog this post.
This is an experiment to test the effects of this relationship on the viewing audience.
Signal Boosting people!!!
Reblog and spread the word!!!
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
— Robert Frost
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
Having strong desires for Dean singing ‘Santa Baby’ while cooking Christmas lunch, and Cas is trying to help him by chopping vegetables but he keeps being distracted because Dean insists on wrapping his arms around him and dancing with him.
He dips Cas on the line “Think of all the fellas that I haven’t kissed” and kisses him silly, cooking completely forgotten.
FANDOMS: Avatar the Last Airbender, Blood +, Downton Abbey, Dr. Who, Good Eats, Harry Potter, Lost Girl, Sherlock, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Supernatural, Tea, Welcome to Night Vale, The West Wing
AUTHORS: Robert Burns, Chuck Palahniuk, Neal Shusterman, Howard Zinn
SHIPS: The Doctor/Rose, Destiel, Haji/Saya
BROTPS: Colin Mochrie/Ryan Stiles, Ten/Donna, Science Bros, JD/Turk
HEARTBREAKERS: Severus Snape, Bruce Banner, Castiel, Bobby Singer